WHO WE ARE
Thoret Swimming is a company located in Helsinki, Finland.
Thoret Swimming provides services such us learning to swim, improving swimming skills, and personal swimming coaching.
Thoret Swimming’s website address is https://thoretswimming.com
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
The processing of personal data is governed by the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Personal data is any information that may serve to identify, directly or indirectly, a natural person who is also called the data subject.
Processing is any manual or automatic operation performed on personal data (e.g., collecting, storing, using, sending, deleting).
Thoret Swimming is the Controller of the personal data it collects. That means it determines the purposes and means of the processing of these personal data.
HOW WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We comply with our obligations under the “GDPR” by:
- processing data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- collecting personal data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
- no further processing those personal data in a way incompatible with those purposes;
- keeping personal data up to date;
- collecting personal data adequate, relevant and limited to those which are necessary in relation to the purpose of the processing;
- retaining personal data for no longer than is necessary;
- protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and disclosure, and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the information you provide to register for an account, attend our events, receive newsletters, use certain other services, or participate in one of our projects in any other way.
When you sign in for any of our newsletters, the information you provide is sent and stored at Mailchimp (https://mailchimp.com) which is an email marketing service provider.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We want to send you email marketing communication which may be of interest to you from time to time. If you have consented to marketing, you may opt out later.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
When we process personal data at least one of the following applies:
- is based on explicit consent you have given;
- is necessary for carrying out legal obligations;
- is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
– CONTACT FORMS
You can send us messages in contact forms that are on our websites. In order to handle your message, we need your name, email, subject, and the message body.
– NEWSLETTER SIGN-IN
When you sign in in any of our newsletters, you provide your first name, last name, and email information so that we can send you the information you have signed for.
Please check our Cookies Policy.
– EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, …). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics to gather information allowing us to understand interactions with our websites and ultimately refine that experience to better serve you.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We will retain your personal information on our systems only for as long as we need to, for the success of our projects and programs. We keep contact information (such as mailing list information) until a user unsubscribes or requests that we delete that information from our systems. If you choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list, we may keep certain limited information about you so that we may honor your request.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also view and edit that information.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
You may have certain rights under data protection law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update or correct the personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information (for details on deletion from archives, see the “How long we retain your data” section);
- object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR PERSONAL DATA ISSUES
To exercise all relevant rights, queries and complaints please contact us at Thoret Swimming, Kylätie 11, 00320 Helsinki, Finland. E-mail: sthoret[at]gmail.com. Website: https://thoretswimming.com
You can also contact the Finnish Data Protection Authorities Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman, P.O. Box 800, FIN-00521, Helsinki, Finland. Telephone: +358 29 56 16670. Email: tietosuoja[at]om.fi. Website: http://www.tietosuoja.fi